Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > no comunication with eobd or chrysler th...
no comunication with eobd or chrysler through vci after updates!!!

2312 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-07 10:46:55

•   Level 2   
    (34) points
    JonathanMoore
    2015-07-05 22:13:05
    I just performed bunch of software updates and updated (reflashed) my vci.
    I am now unable to establish any comunication with chrysler (2007 Durango, 2010 Jeep, etc.).
    I rebooted the system and the vci. I rechecked for current updates to confirm latest software versions. VCI is properly paired.

My tablet will not comunicate even through "eobd" either.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-06 08:10:37 (Reply to:JonathanMoore)

Hi, there has to be something wrong on your end, I have the exact same setup and no issues on mine, when you say thru eobd2 do you mean this is a European eobd2 vehicle or that your issue is when using the generic eobd2 feature? sorry am not fully awaken yet. also can you communicate with the vehicle using the regular method of auto id or manual id?

•   Level 2   
    (34) points
    JonathanMoore
    2015-07-06 12:21:52 (Reply to:ede65)
    I took it to the shop today and tried it out on a 2009 Ford and a 2012 Avalanche. Still
    no comunication. I reset the blue tooth and still no luck. Generic obd2 doesn't work
    either. This is frustrating to say the least. I still have faith... I will put in a call to tech
    support latrer today. Any thoughts?

•   Level 2   
    (34) points
    JonathanMoore
    2015-07-06 12:25:15 (Reply to:ede65)
    Also the factory software doesn't work either. I am thinking that it can't be all the
    software... it has to be in the vci for some reason. I also tried using the usb cable to
    direct connect...

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-07-06 17:04:12 (Reply to:JonathanMoore)

Jonathan there has be be something wrong with that vci, yes I agree cuz i don't have any of those issues you mentioned. maybe they sent you a defective vci or a vci previously paired to another tool i don't know but I know it is not your software or tablet for sure. did you just buy this tool or did this happen after updating the vci?

•   Level 2   
    (34) points
    JonathanMoore
    2015-07-07 10:46:55 (Reply to:ede65)
    I think you are right about the vci being faulty. I and tech support did a factory
    backupand reset. It worked for a little while on a vehicle (I was comunicating and
    reading data) then it freaked out and lost comunications. This is exactly what
    happened last time. I haven't changed any settings or added anything to the computer
    just in case that was the problem before--which I don't think that had anything to with
    it, because it had been running perfectly for almost 2 years the way it was...
    More to follow...
  Total1 Pages